Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Directions for the recipe:
- Cream the butter, shortening and the sugar together. Add the egg, vanilla and molasses and mix until well-blended.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, ground cloves and salt, mixing until well combined. Use a wooden spoon if your mixer can't handle it.
- Transfer the dough to an airtight container and chill for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly flour a surface and roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thick.
- Use cookie cuttersto cut out the dough in Gingerbread Men or other shapes
- Place cookies 1″ apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies are light brown along the edges.